We are working to host the 10th edition of Wireless Battle of the Mesh (WBMv10) in Vienna, Austria. Relevant information is added to this wiki page and sub-pages as we go. Feel invited to contribute, too!
- mailto:email@example.com for the time being. (We should probably set up a separate list, hu?)
Nothing is decided yet! At the first pre-reconnaissance meeting, the mentor team listed their wishes, suggestions, and requirements for WBM, based on their experience with earlier editions. We are working on checking possible https://github.com/aaaaalbert/wbm10notes/blob/master/venues.md and accommodation now to make Vienna a realistic candidate location.
Pre-Recon Meeting #1, 2016-08-23, 15:00
Note: I'm not sure we may publish the meeting minutes in full, so I'll just quote the things that are obviously publishable.
- requirements -- 80-100 people, hack- and talk room + workshop room, non profit low budget community organized event
- dates will be decided through a doodle, date candidates will be selected and doodle will be started at the recon event. Event should happen around April/May 2017
- discussed task list briefly - as always, this is a community event so we want remote people to help too.
- entity to handle financial things (invoices, accommodation, etc) is still to be found
- we would like to organize hotel group booking as the previous years
- We will have a recon mission end of october/beginning of november - I will send a doodle to decide on the date. The recon team will go to Vienna and check out venues, hotels, and nice places. :)
- If you know any other activists, hackers, communities or hackerspaces, please connect them up with us so we can possibly meet them too!
- Vienna crew will check out venues and locations and ask for financial handling organizations